March 04, 2015
How to make great pancakes at home.
- This makes about 10 pancakes:
- Baking Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Caster Sugar – 40g
- Plain Flour – 175g
- Egg – 1
- Whole Milk – 200ml
- Place the dry ingredients into a bowl
- Make a well in the centre and crack the egg into it
- Start to whisk in the egg whilst slowly adding the milk
- Mix until smooth
- Heat a non-stick frying pan on a medium-high heat with a small knob of butter, swirl pan to cover evenly, then lightly wipe it out to remove excess (so the pan should be almost dry).
- Dollop a heaped tablespoon of the mix into the pan and smooth out to a circle of about 10 cms.
- Cook until golden brown (you will start to see bubbles on the top), flip and cook the other side. They should be about 1cm thick.
I love to put lemon zest, cinnamon and sultanas in this mix but banana (and/or) chocolate is great too.
- Our favourite, crispy smoked free range bacon and lashings of maple syrup
- Raspberries and blueberries and yoghurt (and bit of maple syrup!)
- Banana and of course maple syrup
- Or just plain old maple syrup? I like maple syrup…