Our friands have had a scrummy makeover, and our bakers do a delicious job of baking them fresh every day. Just in case you can’t come to us, here is our friand recipe so you can make a bit of BTP at home… Our recipe uses gluten-free flour, so that more of our customers get to enjoy them, but you can use plain flour instead if you like.
We make our friands with either blueberries and lime zest, or raspberries and rosewater, but you can add whichever fillings you fancy! Why not try adding chocolate chips or a dollop of peanut butter into the mixture, or berries or lemon zest for a lighter fruitier option?
We’d love to see your efforts on Twitter or Instagram – use the hashtag #BakingThingsBetter so we can check ‘em out!
Butter x 200G
Ground almonds x 100G
Icing sugar x 200G
Gluten Free Plain flour x 50G
Eggs x 6
- Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks carefully in two separate bowls. (You won’t need the yolks are not needed for the recipe – why not use them for homemade hollandaise or carbonara?)
- Whisk the whites until stiff peaks form.
- Melt the butter completely and then combine with the ground almonds, sieved flour and icing sugar to form a paste.
- Carefully fold the egg whites into the paste using a metal spoon – this helps to retain the air and make the friands nice and light.
- Portion the mixture into a greased individual cake tin and bake at 160° for 20 minutes until cooked through.